Energy Analytics help you answer these questions:
- What happens to my energy bill if I increase or decrease production?
- How will my energy bill change if I switch my utility tariff?
- How will solar or other distributed generation projects impact my bill?
- How do my business processes impact my energy costs?
- What is the energy cost to produce, move, or store my products?
- How are Demand Charges impacting my per unit costs?
- What is my energy cost per unit made, stored, or shipped?
- How would meter aggregation help?
Energy Analytics Explained
Energy analytics synthesize three distinct but inter-related pieces of information:
How much energy and power an enterprise uses, and when and where it’s used.
What an enterprise makes, moves or stores; where it performs this work, when it performs this work, and how this work changes and scales.
What an enterprise pays, and how it procures, energy and power.
The simplistic approach to energy cost reduction focuses on basic energy efficiency and limited demand reduction techniques and projects. This is usually a good place to start, however complex energy environments working off complicated tariff rate structures require a more sophisticated approach.
Many energy cost reduction efforts fail not because the projects are performed badly, but because they neglect to take into account 2 crucial factors:
Energy use and generation must support the business and scale as business conditions change; and,
Energy cost reduction is not necessarily directly related to energy usage reduction.
The second point is not always obvious, and often requires explanation. But, depending upon the tariff, reducing load may not save money, and simply shifting load to the wrong time can be expensive. Often, business and operating conditions don’t offer a lot of flexibility, and energy analytics can help chart a path.
PredictEnergy energy analytics software
- Comprehensive asset management for distributed energy resources and load centers
- Instrument physical meters
- Configure logical meters
- Composite load and DER views by facility and/or meter
- Real-time energy evaluation and demand peak avoidance
- Critical energy measurements for production planning
- Benchmark production equipment energy costs
- Compare multiple facilities, utility service areas and climates
- Arbitrage on-site distributed generation & utility energy and power
- Help you control your unit level energy costs
- Integrate with SCADA, BMS and ERP
- Remote Diagnostics
What can PredictEnergy do for you?
- Identify energy cost improvements exceeding 50%
- Automated tracking and alerts to allow for proactive handling of baseline exceptions
- Actively manage and control energy costs for every unit you produce, move, or store
- Identify specific changes to processes that reduce both energy consumption and demand costs
- Demand Forecasting computes anticipated demand, allowing managers to react to Demand Spikes before they occur.
- Energy consumption and cost by customer defined units; you define what’s important and PredictEnergy can metric it
- Determine utility costs across multiple tariff schedules – shop your tariff to determine if you’re on the best rate schedule